Luxembourg Station

Paris to Luxembourg was about 2 hours by speed train TGV.
Since when I bought the ticket, the price for Paris-Luxembourg was already too expensive, i.e. EUR 95 per person, I decided to go by ride share website Bla Bla Car, but on the way back from Luxembourg to Paris, I used TGV, paid about EUR 65 per person.
Since we wanted to go back to Paris earlier, we wanted to change to earlier train, but the ticket guy informed me I needed to pay EUR 100 per person to get into earlier train, so I cancelled it.

The station was quite small.
There were a lot of bus stops in front of the station.
Google Map was useful to find the bus number and route.
There was free wifi in the station and many places in Luxembourg including for the whole old city (simple online registration required).
The ticket counter was inside in the right hand side, there was information booth in the middle of hallway, and the train platform was shown on the big middle display (only shown the trains with nearest departure first, so I needed to wait till my train was finally shown).

We took dinner at Vapiano, international Italian chain restaurant just opposite the train station, and was happy with the food.
Our bill:
- Pasta Scampi Piccantel, EUR 14
- Insalata Mista Promo, EUR 2.5
- Soupe Chataigne Petit, EUR 2.9
- San Pellegrino water 0.25l, EUR 2.85


the Luxembourg station

Vapiano, Italian Restaurant in front of the station

the station

inside the station

No comments:

Post a Comment